The Road

I had an accident a few days back. One of the cars in my left lane decided to take a sharp turn towards right. In that speed I couldn't avoid the back of it passing by and my front tyre brushed to it's side, throwing me and the bike off balance. I hit the road. My bike went on skidding a few feets away. A few people came and picked me up. The car also stopped a few meters ahead and the driver came to see if I was ok.

Then came the moment when I felt empowered. Everyone's sympathy by my side. The guy was at my mercy. People around began charging at him. I ignored them, saw the fear in his eyes, extended my arm for a handshake and said "take care from next time". Everyone around me calmed down. People started disbursing. The guy also went back to look at his car. I looked at my wounds, started my bike and went to the office. 

You might have ignored this, but our roads have became the most violent places to be. When people came to know about my accident, the very next thing they said was 'did you get that guy. You should have hit that idiot' and more comments like these. When it comes to driving, our anger has become so volatile.

We see so much trash talking, tough looks, about to become a feud conversations and arogance on road. If we meet the same people at our home or office or any place else, will we be so volatile, so quick in our reactions. A small touch from behind and we will give the other guy nice 2-3 words he will remember for the rest of the day.

As a regular commuter, driving on road has become the most stressful part of my day. To some extent because of traffic. But the major part of it comes from the road rage.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don, Kabini & Copper

Moon and Ocean

The Meta Life